You can increase the information that is displayed when a network licensing error occurs by setting the FLEXLM_DIAGNOSTICS environment variable on your computer. In addition, a log file will be created that contains the error information. This log file will be located in the “Program files” folder of the respective Autodesk product(or on the Desktop or My Documents folder) and will be named flex###.log, where ### is a three digit number.
To set the FLEXLM_DIAGNOSTICS environment variable
1. Click Start menu (Windows) > Settings > Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel, double-click System.
3. In the System Properties dialog box, click the Advanced tab.
4. Click Environment Variables.
5. Under System Variables, click New.
6. In the Variable Name box, enter FLEXLM_DIAGNOSTICS
7. In the Variable Value box, enter 3
8. Click OK to close each dialog box.