Telnet command is a good way to check if the connection between Client and License Server is good or allowed.
- At Command Prompt : telnet <IP Address of Targeted Server> <Port Number>
- Go to Command Prompt in Windows. Click <Start> / <Run> / Type “cmd” / Hit <Enter>
- Type ~ telnet 10.XX.XX.XX 2080 (10.XX.XX.XX is the specific License Server IP address and 2080 is the Port number)
- Hit <Enter>. Blank screen below signify a successful “telnet session”, means the connection is establish with the Port 2080.
- Should there be any form of blockage by security devices (eg. Firewall). You should see error messages.
- You should then advise IT Team to confirm if Firewall allow traffic to and from Port 2080.