Autodesk Suites: Failure Creating Deployment for Autodesk Building Design Suite Ultimate 2012 on Windows 7 x64 or Vista x64 Editions
There have been reports with the Building Design Suite Ultimate 2012 failing on Windows 7 x64, Vista x64 and Windows XP x64. There is a TS16800261 for this problem, but in some cases, it may not be a practical solution.
As a workaround, we have created a custom Setup.ini file that bascially splits up the installation between 2 groups: AutoCAD Family and Other Autodesk Products.
NOTE: Please keep the AdminImages for these 2 deployments in a separate folder.
This is the default setting in the Installation Wizard that shows all products.
This is the setting in the Installation Wizard with the custom Setup.ini file with only the AutoCAD family of products.
This is the setting in the Installation Wizard with the custom Setup.ini file with only the Other Autodesk Products.
1. Copy Building Design Suite Ultimate 2012 installation content from USB drive to a folder on local hard drive.
2. Back up original Setup.ini file in Autodesk_BDS_Ultimate_2012_English_Win_64bit folder.
3. Copy Setup_BDSU_2012.1x64.ini into Autodesk_BDS_Ultimate_2012_English_Win_64bit folder and rename it to Setup.ini.
4. Run the Setup.exe to create the deployment for products included in Setup_BDSU_2012.1x64.ini.
5. Repeat for Setup_BDSU_2012.2x64.ini.
Sample files are here:
Video of workflow:
If necessary, x86 files are here:
Thanks to Avto Chachava for this tip.