Currently, you cannot include a Hotfix 4 when installing or creating a deployment for Maya 2012. If Maya 2012 is already installed, you can script the installation of the hotfix by using this command:
msiexec /p c:\path_to_hotfix\autodesk_maya2012_hotfix4_win_**bit.msp /quiet /l log_file.log
This will take about 15 minutes to complete depending on the performance of your computer.
To add the Maya 2012 Hotfix 4 into a deployment:
1. Download Maya 2012 Hotfix 4 and put the *.msp file into the x86\maya or x64\maya folder:
2. Rename the original setup.ini and place the attached setup.ini in its place.
3. Rename Maya-2012-32-bit-setup.ini or the Maya-2012-32-bit-setup.ini to Setup.ini
4. Create the deployment image.
5. Select your target platform. i.e. 32 bit or 64 bit.
6. Uncheck “include only product required for this deployment”.
7. Select your Products. We have tested and confirmed that this works with Maya and Backburner selected.
8. Proceed with the deployment creation.
9. Install Maya 2012 & Hotfix 4 from the deployment image.
Thanks to Avto Chachava for this tip.