Autodesk Suites: Using Environments tab (Optimization) in Inventor Professional (PDS) will request activation
You have installed Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate and you have successfully activated the product.
When run Autodesk Inventor Professional and you click on the "Environments tab", it will try to re-activate your software.
NOTE: The Activation request will be for Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium.
To resolve this issue, you will need to:
1. Set following registry key :
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\Current Version\OptimizationUpdateNotified to 1
2. Download Inventor Optimization manually from Subscription Center.
- Install Optimization first THEN go to the Environment tab to run Optimization.
- When you open Optimization from Inventor, you will be prompted for your Subscription center username and password.
Thanks to Bob Vander Donck, the Inventor Team and Byron Morales for this workaround.
This issue should be solved in Inventor 2012 SP1.
If you are a PrDS user, the Optimization patch will be downloaded automatically once you launch Inventor, the downloading location is in the folder " %Temp%", the time of the downloading depends on your network speed, when the downloading is finished a automatic prompt message dialog will be shown in Inventor, and Optimization patch is named "centaurupdate.exe" will be in folder " %Temp%".