We recently had this interesting question come into Product Support. What can we use to quickly check what the installer has configured for as a 'license server' after you have created a deployment?
This is a simple request if you have one deployment i.e. Create & Modify it, but if you have a lot of deployments, that is a whole different story.
The instructions are below:
1. Download Orca. Use this tool with EXTREME caution! If you edit, modify or save a change in a .msi or .mst file with this tool, you may destroy your deployment.
2. Make a copy of the .msi and .mst file! This is to ensure that you don't destroy your deployment. These files are typically located here:
3. In Orca, File > Open... > productname.msi file.
4. In Orca, Transform > Apply Transform > productname-name-of-deployment.mst
5. In Orca, Tables Column, go to Property and search for the ACADSERVERPATH.
6. DO NOT USE THIS TOOL TO EDIT THE SERVERNAME! IT IS BEST TO USE THE STANDARD METHOD OF "CREATING & MODIFYING A DEPLOYMENT" TO CHECK/CHANGE THE SERVERNAME!
I have included 2 Video Demos using Orca.
NOTE: Product Support does not support Orca because it is a developer tool so please do NOT log a case for product support to troubleshoot this tool/workflow. The only 'supported' method that we will 'officially' endorse is via Create & Modify a deployment. I have included a video of the process as well.
Please don't feed the Orca, it is a wild animal! I would like to thank Alison Gangler for the tip of the year as far as I am concerned.