Recently, we had few cases regarding Autodesk Simulation CFD wherein the users were able to open the Program but unable to actually run the Simulation job due to license error.
We have identified this to the Restricted Local System account, which is preventing the simulation server to contact the license service.
Please follow the steps below to fix this issue.
- Login as the administrator on the client machine.
- Type "services.msc" in Start menu search box (or Start->run in Windows XP) and hit enter to open Services window.
- Once the Services windows is opened, locate the service that relates to CFD Simulation (eg:-CFD server).
- Double-click on the particular service to open Properties.
- Click Logon Tab
- Click the Radio Button Next to the "This Account"
- Browse to Choose a Local administrator account,
- Enter and Confirm the Passwords in the respective boxes
- Click OK to exit
- Close the services Console
- Start CFD as normal user.
- Simulation job should run normally as long as the license is available on the server.
If you have issues starting the CFD program interface due to license error, please try these posts