When downloading and installing our software, you will be presented with 3 options:
A. Download Now
Delivers a complete standalone installation package with up to 50% compression and automatic download resumption after connection interruptions.
A small download manager is first installed and enables an optimized download of the complete software installation package. Once the installation package has downloaded you can begin the software installation on this or other computers without further connection to the internet.
Creating deployments, installing Autodesk products on a different computer, or at a different time
B. Install Now
Very similar to Download Now but you will not have any deployment options. It is typically a Standalone installation of the software.
C. Browser Download
Works without installing additional software. As compared to other methods, in-browser downloads are less efficient, and less reliable especially when saving large files. Browsers cannot take advantage of superior compression (smaller file sizes) and automatic download resumption abilities built into Download Now and Install Now.
The built-in file save mechanism of your web browser is used to deliver a complete stand-alone installation package. Once the package has downloaded, you must extract it, then begin the software installation on this or other computers.
Users who cannot or prefer not to install Autodesk Download Manager.
Please check out the following very helpful posts:
1. Downloading Software: Saving your settings in the Subscription Center & Ordering Media
2. Browser downloaded files vs Extracted files & installing Autodesk software
3. Use our Virtual Agent to download some of our products. It is integrated on our Blog site and in the Register Once site.
NOTE: If the Virtual Agent is empty, you will need to clear your cache and delete cookies in your web browser.
4. For space requirements for downloading and installing our Suites, please check out this post:
5. Downloading Software: Suites + Internet Explorer + Pop-up's
6. Downloading Autodesk Suites and File Corruption