If your company owns a Suite but you don't actually use the whole suite, you can save a lot of space when downloading and creating deployments. The workflow is as follows:
The downloading part of the equation...
1. For example, if you own the Building Design Suite Standard 2014 and you only need AutoCAD Architecture 2014 setup, just download [browser download] a point product if available via our Virtual Agent (#3) or Subcription Center.
2. Create a deployment of AutoCAD Architecture 2014 using the Building Design Suite Standard 2014 Serial number and product key.
3. In the example above, using a browser download, the size of the Building Design Suite Standard 2014 is [4 GB + 4 GB + 523 MB] & for AutoCAD Architecture 2014, it is 2.4 GB. That is a savings of 5835 MB.
The deployment part of the equation...
1. Create a deployment using AutoCAD Architecture 2014 download.
2. Below is the size of the deployment for AutoCAD Architecture 2014.
3. Now create a deployment for Building Design Suite 2013 but select only AutoCAD Architecture 2014.
NOTE: You cannot uncheck the Material Library 2014 and Autodesk 360 in the Suite. I can also confirm that AutoCAD Architecture 2014 includes the 2 components above.
3. Below is the size of the deployment for AutoCAD Architecture 2014 only using the Building Design Suite Media.
4. That is a savings of [7.12 GB - 4.48 GB] of 2640 MB.